Photobucket

Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thinking some major changes are in store

So I've been doing some deep thinking lately. I know, scary right? But in all seriousness, I've always believed myself to be a 10%-er. What I'm referring to is the rule of 10%. I'm going to use the best example I can think of... in the car business we used to talk about how 10% of the sales consultants make 90% of the commissions. This is true by the way. It basically refers to human nature. And it even plays a part in Capitalism...we'll go into that another day. But in the automotive business, when you referred to someone as a 10%-er, it was a big compliment. Basically it says that you don't follow the grain, you don't do what everyone else does. I used to be that way...guess I still am to some degree.

I used to always purposely stay away from anything that 'everyone else is doing' because...admittedly...I have an addictive personality. I tend to get hooked on things quickly, which is probably why I always stayed away from the hard-core recreational drugs, alcohol, etc. I experimented to some degree, but...you get the point.

What it boils down to is this. I have become addicted to Facebook and other forms of technology. I never thought I would say that. It has become like my newspaper. I wake up in the morning and [usually] the first thing I do is check my Facebook page to see what my friends are up to. Now, some may say that is no big deal. For me it is. I don't like it that when I have Any kind of down time imam on Facebook. I never used to have a problem just sitting in a doctors office and waiting. Now I sit there and play on my phone. I don't like that I have become that 'dependent' on it. So.....I am thinking I need a break. I have felt for a long time now, that I need to write and blog. And my sick addiction to Facebook and Yahoo are interfering. So it is time to take a break for awhile. I will not be gone forever, but with my dear husbands help, I'm thinking I may limit my use to tagging my blog posts and checking on my friends once a once or so.

I plan to write a separate, much more detailed, post about the evils of Facebook, but again, that's for another day.

It's funny, I actually feel kind of anxious about 'leaving' Facebook, like I'm going to miss out on something. Which is precisely why I need to leave. Im going to ponder on this for a day or two, and then make a move. Wish me luck on this, and I will miss all of you!

I hope you will continue to follow me on our blog:-)

Blessings,

Vicki



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: